Join the network
The Sub-Global Assessment Network is open to all who are conducting or have an interest in ecosystem assessments. The SGAN supports around 500 members involved in undertaking or using ecosystem assessments, including practitioners, researchers and policy makers.
The SGAN through its activities and community of practice:
- Offers opportunities for training in specific tools and approaches related to ecosystem assessments (e.g. training workshops on valuation, scenarios, mainstreaming etc.);
- Captures, synthesizes and disseminates examples of best practices and lessons learnt in undertaking ecosystem assessments;
- Develops e-learning tools which are of interest to ecosystem assessment practitioners;
- Encourages and supports ongoing exchanges between and amongst SGAs, either through virtual or face-to-face means (e.g. sharing of expertise);
- Establishes and maintains a website devoted to the SGAN to allow access to relevant materials and information; and
- Links SGAs to the scientific community and to relevant information and data sources which are useful for undertaking ecosystem assessment work.
What our members say
Being a member of the network has been a great opportunity to better understand and position our work on ecosystem assessments within a global context.Fernando Santos-Martín, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Please contact us if you would like to join the network to:
- Share and benefit from the experiences of other members conducting ecosystem assessments within the Network; and
- Receive updates about SGAN activities, such as webinars and other training events.