International Workshop on Mainstreaming Ecosystem Services into Development Policy: Approaches and Opportunities23-24 May 2012, Port of Spain, Trinidad
The workshop was a partnership meeting for the Project for Ecosystem Services (ProEcoServ), organised in Port of Spain on the 23rd and 24th May, 2012, to create a discussion forum for the pilot countries of ProEcoServ (Chile, South Africa and Lesotho, Trinidad and Tobago and Vietnam).
The meeting's objectives were:
- To do stocktaking of what is known about ecosystem services – development policy linkages;
- To provide an overview of current approaches to the mainstreaming of ecosystem services into development planning;
- To identify the limitations on the effective use of these approaches;
- To discuss the possible tools which can be used in developing countries (enabling factors);
- To identify knowledge gaps and direction of future work.
- Linking Economic Development and Ecosystem Services;
- Mainstreaming at the Multilateral Scale;
- Sharing Evidences and Country Experiences;
- Policy Cycle and Areas of Intervention for Mainstreaming;
- Invest Training.